Re: RDF-Entailment: Remove duplicate anonymous resources - looking for an algorithm

From: Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@gmuer.ch>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:43:09 +0100
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
CC: semantic-web at W3C <semantic-web@w3c.org>

Hi Danny,

>>Hello
>>
>>I'm looking for an algorithm to remove duplicate anonymous resources
>>from an RDF-Model.
>>
>>Fo example, given the graph:
>>
>>(1) _:a rdfs:label "test".
>>(2) _:a rdfs:comment "...".
>>(3) _:b rdfs:label "test".
>>
>>The algorithm should tell me that I can safely drop statement 3.
>>

>Ok, so presumably you can't know that _:a and _:b are the same node
>without looking at other parts of the graph...

If this is the whole graph, there is nothing which makes _:a and _:b
different, as there is no interpretation in which the graph containing
the first two triple has another truth-value than the graph with all
three triples.

>The nearest I've come to this is smushing on IFPs, recently with
>Morten's Redland smusher [1] - there may be something useful around
>his notes/code.

IFP/FP-Smushing is not what I'm looking for, event though - for
performance reasons - an rdf-entailment smusher should probably be
ifp/fp aware an treat functionally grounded nodes similarly to
"naturally grounded"-nodes (i.e. literals and named resources).

cheers,
reto