Re: Finding syntactically-related children and parent Elements in XHTML.

On 5/2/05, Costas Mantratzis <cmantrat@ics.mq.edu.au> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> Just picking your brains on something you might have come across while
> playing with JDOM, JTidy or similar components...
>
> I'm trying to get my algorithm to understand which elements are
> syntactically directly related to their parents in an XHTML structure.

If I remember correctly, John Cowan's Tag Soup parser [1] does
something like this to fix up ill-formed (X)HTML. You may also find
the Relax NG approach to schemas useful, Relaxer [2] and Trang [3]
being fun tools in that space.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://mercury.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/tagsoup/