Re: Tag ontology RFC

Richard Newman wrote:

> Danny, Seth, sw@w3:
>   I've thrown together an early draft of a tag ontology. There's
> nothing synset-ey in there yet (other than using SKOS ConceptSchemes),
> but it all ties gently in with the SKOS vocab. I'd be looking to
> extend this integration if possible.
>
>   Danny, your email re the WordPress plugin was very interesting; I
> think it follows through with this, in that you could do the following:
>
> <item rdf:about=" ... ">
>   <dc:subject>Programming</dc:subject>
>   <tags:taggedWithTag rdf:resource="
> ...my/personal/url/or/delicious/... /tag/programming" />
>   <!-- or even mangle it a bit by still using dc:subject! -->
> </item>
>
> and in the tags RDF...
>
> <Tag rdf:about="#programming">
>   <tagName>Programming</tagName>
>   <!-- whatever SKOS properties you'd like to use; it's a subclass of
> Concept.
>        I'd like a better way of doing names; SKOS doesn't quite work,
> as prefLabel and
>        altLabel don't capture the intended semantics. -->
> </Tag>
>
>   I'd love some (preferably constructive, but any kind will do!)
> feedback from interested parties; blog it, mail me, or mail to the
> list. Everything's on the Web:
>
> RDF/XML: <http://www.holygoat.co.uk/owl/redwood/0.1/tags/>
> "hidden" N3 version:
> <http://www.holygoat.co.uk/owl/redwood/0.1/tags/tags.n3>
>
>   The first URL should be persistent (though the ontology contents are
> in flux, of course); the second one should stick around too.
>
>   Cheers,
> -R

I'm not sure what you need exactly but maybe the Annotea topics could
help here too? They are simple and users can create, publish and share
them  easily. For instance,
http://www.annotea.org/mozilla/testdada/tags.rdf has some tag topics
that can be presented with Annotea Ubimarks e.g. in a topic hierarchy
http://www.annotea.org/mozilla/tags.png.

Topics can also be related to other topics, so this is a way to make
connections to other people's tags if so wished.

Marja