Re: Request for Semantic Web Business Applications

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:03:28 -0500
To: SAdams@CHECKMi.com
CC: semantic-web@w3.org

Stephen--

Thanks.  Could you amplify a bit on what the Semantic Web technology
involved is?  That is, your description notes that XML is involved, and
that a "semantic linkage" is created, but I'm unclear as to exactly what
the Semantic Web connection is (and that's what I want to be clear in
presenting in the ultimate collection).  Thanks.

--Frank

Stephen Adams wrote:
> Frank, Carl and Distribution,
>
> I am attaching a WORD document describing the Blood Pathogen & Donor
> Alert Compendium (BPDAC) project engagement that CHECKMi is currently
> participating in as an example of an application using Semantic Web
> technology to solve real world business problems.
>
> I will also include the text below for those who have trouble
> accessing the WORD document.
>
> CHECKMi Blood Pathogen and Donor Alert Compendium (BPDAC)

snip