ANN: RDF-based labelling scheme online

From: Phil Archer <parcher@icra.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:06:58 +0100
To: "SWIG" <semantic-web@w3.org>

Dear all,

Today, ICRA has switched from off its PICS label generator and is now
encouraging content providers to add RDF descriptions instead. From a SWIG
point of view I hope this means that there will be more data on the web for
semantic web applications to work with. ICRA's focus is child protection but
the platform has the potential to be used for a lot more. For example, we're
working with trust mark schemes to make their seals of approval
machine-processable. The platform is also a candidate technology for the
Mobile OK trustmark being developed by the Mobile Web Initiative.

Some relevant URLs:

RDF Content Labels (core platform)
http://www.w3.org/2004/12/q/doc/content-labels-schema.htm

ICRA Label generator http://www.icra.org/label/