Re: Determining HTTP URIRef Alias Equivalence for Information Resources

While I think its a feasible approach (some comments inline below) I
don't see how this replaces owl alias inferencing, but rather as way to
automatically guess owl:sameAs statements.
On  0, James Cerra <jfcst24_public@yahoo.com> wrote:
> -- Partial Solution --
> For the specific case when talking about information resources accessed over
> HTTP, I see some possibilities for alias inferencing without OWL.
>
> * Say one URL redirects to the other URL.  In that case, then it is a good bet
> they indicate the same resource.
the first resource could be - accorind to the httpRange findings - a
non-information resource, while the second has to be. Even if both are
information resource I think they are hardly identical when the redirect
is temporary (http 302 and 307), such as a redirect from
http://example.org/action-day to http://example.org/action-day/2005.

> * Say you download one representation from one URL via a 2xx code.  Then
> download from the second URL a representation in the same media type as the
> first URL.  If the media types and representations are the same, then the two
> are probably the same information resource.
seems a bit risky: first you download http://example.org/mysong, get an
ogg-vorbis file, then you request an ogg-vorbis file from
http://example.org/mysong.ogg and you find the same media type and
represenation. However the fisrt URL represents "my song" while the
second the ogg-vorbis encoding of "my song".

> [2] E.G. using
>
> <http://norman.walsh.name/knows/who#danny-ayers>
>
> or
>
> <http://dannyayers.com/misc/foaf/foaf.rdf>
>
> (OK, technically DA is a blank node in that document but still...)
DA definitively isn't a document, I've met him ;-)

but <http://dannyayers.com/misc/foaf/foaf.rdf> foaf:primaryTopic <http://norman.walsh.name/knows/who#danny-ayers>

reto