Re: equivalence relation

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:51:11 +0100, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> On 8 Feb 2005, at 19:17, Henry Story wrote:
> > I suppose the simple solution would be to just write
> >
> > :relation rdfs:sameAs rdfs:sameAs .
>
> of course I meant
>
>    :relation owl:sameAs owl:sameAs .
>
> > but I just found the place in the spec that mentions this
> >
> > <http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-ref/#equivalentProperty-def>
> >
> > I should just say
> >
> > :relation owl:equivalentProperty rdfs:sameAs .
>
> and here I meant
>
>     :relation owl:equivalentProperty owl:sameAs .
>
> > Thanks for pointing out those interesting quirks concerning
> > complex properties.

Quirk is the word!

I was clearly wrong about putting equivalentClass in the middle -
x:relation is between individuals, not classes. But using sameAs seems
to push it beyond what is required, you only need _blank and
<http://bblfish.net/> to be in the same classes, they don't have to be
identical. Can that even be expressed with OWL/RDF?
Heh, nice puzzle...

--

http://dannyayers.com