re: Is there an RSS feed for this list ?

From: Seth Russell <russell.seth@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:14:31 -0800
To: semantic-web@w3.org

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 14:26:59 +0100, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
wrote:

> Of course, with an NNTP interface I don't really see why anyone would
> want "RSS feeds" for these lists (not that I understood the request in
> the first place, or why there need to be entire working groups formed
> to re-invent NNTP and the Usenet article format using XML over HTTP...)
> --

Well as i was the one the make the original request, perhaps a little
explanation is due.   Times they are a charging.   One filters more
and more.   I used to hang out a lot on the semantic web lists, now i
only have time for passive reading.  Instead i range more widely now
looking at a lot of lists and blogs.   Bloglines.com is great for that
kind of information grazing.   Emails are better if you are intending
to actively engage and make a lot of active posts.   My point is that
i can read my selected literature faster from the feeds.   I did
subscribe to the RSS feeds for this list, but it is relatively useless
because the content does not appear.   But actually i'm dong pretty
good by filtering these posts into a gmail tag, so this is not a
urgent problem.

--
Seth Russell
http://can-you-hear-me.org