Re: Typo: "apllication/rdf+xml"; broken mailer

Etan Wexler wrote:

> I wonder why Etan would assume the address of a public mailing list.
> Consider this a solicitation for explanation.

This was a ironic accident, Etan. I (which is to say, you, Etan) wrote
to Reto Bachmann-Gmür to advise of a broken mailer, but as we now
observe, I, too, had a broken mailer. My mailer provided a choice of
originator addresses for use in composing the message to Reto.
Unfortunately, my mailer silently failed to act on the selection of the
usual and proper address, leaving in the “From” field the address of the
W3C Semantic-Web list.

It appears that Reto responded to the declared message author without
scrutinizing the “From” field, which error is subject to understanding
and forgiveness. The cascade of errors led to an abrupt broadcast
message and then to this bizarre pseudo-dialog.

If the episode at hand has anything to do with the Semantic Web, the
lesson is that software should be robust. Software authors should expect
that bugs, incompetence, chicanery, and outright malice will introduce
falsehoods and tricky cases, even in the vaunted RDF graphs of the
glorious future.

Etan, if you have further questions, write to me (which is to say, to
yourself).

--
Etan Wexler.