Re: Using sparql for 'validation'

Hi Alastair --

You may like to consider running an English-ized version of you validation
rules in the Internet Business Logic system.  The system is online at the
site below.

The likely advantages are:

   *  automatic control of those pesky recursive loops

   *  self-documenting rules

   *  rules can easily be composed into a "check everything" rule

   *  English explanations of results found (and "why nots" for results not
found), at the end user level.

   *  publication of the executable, readable rulesets on the web, where
others can easily view, run and change them -- wiki style.

   *  cost = $ 0.  Shared use of the system is free.

   *  automatic generation and execution of SQL that would be too complex
to write reliably by hand

   *  avoiding the fact that SQL-like languages can experience a complexity
blowup when given tasks that can be stated succinctly in executable English
rules -- see e.g. [1]

I hope this helps.  Do you by any chance have your test data sets, and also
the real data, in pure triple format?

                                     HTH,  -- Adrian

[1]
www.reengineeringllc.com/Oil_Industry_Supply_Chain_by_Kowalski_and_Walker.pdf