Re: Uploading the Semantic Web into Google Base?

On 12/5/05, Chris Bizer <bizer@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> we have developed a crawler that collects FOAF profiles from the Web and
> uploads them into Google Base.

Wonderful.

> The profiles that our crawler has uploaded so far are found at:
> http://base.google.com/base/search?authorid=1107889

Curiously the info it has on me is from one of my DOAP files, even
though my FOAF PPD is on the Wiki list.

> It's strange that there hasn't been too much discussion in the Semantic Web
> community about Google base yet.

Heh, I said my bit on the Web [1,2,3,4]. Generally in agreement in
what's been said here - Google Base is a positive thing, but it's a
big shame they don't provide a service/machine interface to get data
out (I asked them for SPARQL, they didn't comment).

See also: Ning [5]

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://dannyayers.com/archives/2005/11/23/google-base-and-rdf-take-two/