Re: Firewall problems with RDF MIME type?

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 02:19:45 -0700 (PDT)
To: Phil Archer <phil.archer@icra.org>
cc: SWIG <semantic-web@w3.org>

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Phil Archer wrote:

> widely supported by servers in default configuration. Apache seems generally
> to send its default MIME type of plain/text and IIS seems to refuse to send

Given that RFC 3870 / http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3870.html defines a
mime type - I'll get that added to the default apache config.

Meanwhile you can do:

	AddType application/rdf+xml .rdf

which does not require any special modules beyond the base/default setup.

> (I've deliberately omitted the name of the firewall - suffice to say it's a
> good one form a good company).

The majority of the content-inspecting firewall's use the same mime.types
file as Apache does. Having an RFC

Dw.