Re: Rule-based approach to conclude owl:intersectionOf

Oh my God.. i'd not make mistake again if it's in set..

CEXT(S(#X)) = {<#A>}
CEXT(S(#Y)) = {<#A>,<#B>}
CEXT(S(#Z)) = {<#A>,<#C>}
i.e.
<#A> rdf:type <#X> , <#Y> , <#Z> .
<#B> rdf:type <#Y> .
<#C> rdf:type <#Z> .
=>
<#X> rdfs:subClassOf <#Y> , <#Z> .
=>
<#X> owl:intersectionOf (<#Y>,<#Z>) .

I admit that this kind of inference requires a condition that the collection
of facts is complete. Otherwise the inference results may be ruined if a
fact like <#B> rdf:type <#X> is asserted. However, it is not a too bad
interpretation because the OWL interpretation still satisifies the RDF graph
above.

In addition, my main concern is the use of the universal quantification and
the existential quantification. It is because N3 Rules cannot express the
inference described in the above example. My work of rules shows that N3
Rules is very weak to model OWL restrictions, anyway. I hope to discuss or
to find out the use of the quantification facilities so that the rule-based
approach becomes more powerful as expected.

:)
Jeremy