RE: Sync'ing triplestores

From: Geoff Chappell <geoff@sover.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:58:05 -0400
To: "'Joshua Allen'" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, "'Bill de hÓra'" <bill.dehora@propylon.com>, <semantic-web@w3.org>
Cc: "'Danny Ayers'" <danny.ayers@gmail.com>

That might not be enough if the statement contains a blank node.

For example if your repository contains:

_:a1 a rss:item; dc:title "Item 1".
_:a2 a rss:item; dc:title "Item 2".

And your update statement says:

Delete:

_:b1 a rss:item

What happens? Both get deleted? Neither? It's tricky to identify blank
nodes. You have to rely on identification by description and if you don't
have an inverse function property to work with, you just have to hope that
your description is unambiguous.

-Geoff