QT4 CG Agenda 026, 14 March 2023

Hello folks,

Here’s the agenda for tomorrow’s call:


QT4 CG Meeting 026 Agenda 2023-03-14


   This meeting will be hosted on Zoom at 16:00GMT (17:00CET, 12:00EDT,

   ATTENTION: This meeting is scheduled at 16:00 local time in Europe and
   the UK. The United States switched to Daylight Saving Time starting on
   Sunday, 12 March 2023. Until Europe and the UK switch to summer time
   (on 26 March 2023), this meeting will be one hour later in the United

   See the [1]meeting logistics page for details.

1. Administrivia

1.1. Roll call

1.2. Approve the agenda

1.3. Approve minutes of previous meeting

   Minutes of [2]the previous meeting.

1.4. Next meeting

   This meeting is planned for 14 March, the following meeting is
   scheduled for 21 March.

   Any regrets for the following meeting?

1.5. Review of open action items [6/15]

   (Items marked [X] are believed to have been closed via email before
   this agenda was posted.)
     * [ ] QT4CG-002-10: BTW to coordinate some ideas about improving
       diversity in the group
     * [ ] QT4CG-016-08: RD to clarify how namespace comparisons are
     * [ ] QT4CG-023-01: NW to review the stylesheets for functions across
       XPath and XSLT
     * [X] QT4CG-023-05: NW to put record types on an agenda.
     * [ ] QT4CG-024-01: MK to add namespace-uri-for-prefix argument
       changes to the compatibility appendix
     * [ ] QT4CG-024-02: DN to develop an alternative proposal for
     * [X] QT4CG-025-01: NW to close the issues we agreed to close in
       meeting 024
     * [ ] QT4CG-025-02: MK to make the context function properties simple
       values instead of functions
     * [ ] QT4CG-025-03: MK to revise and expand technical detail in PR
     * [ ] QT4CG-025-04: RD to remove the note in 15.5.15 of functions and
     * [X] QT4CG-025-05: MK to correct the accidental deletion in 3.6.2 of
     * [X] QT4CG-025-06: NW to fix the "blue boxes" in the serialization
     * [X] QT4CG-025-07: MK to update the text about for/let changes to
       use use definitions and termrefs correctly.
     * [X] QT4CG-025-08: MK to add an error code for the case where member
       is used on something that isn't an array
     * [ ] QT4CG-025-09: NW to add the parse-uri and build-uri tests to
       the test suite

2. Technical Agenda

   This agenda begins with record types, proposed for the agenda some
   weeks ago, followed by a few more substantial PRs then a few small PRs.

2.1. Record types

   In [3]meeting 023, we encountered the proposal for a new pattern
   syntax, (type(T), record(N, M, N)) that allows matching of items by
   item type. This needs CG discussion.

2.2. PR #368: Issue 129 - Context item generalized to context value

   See PR [4]#368.

2.3. PR #360: Issue 314 array composition and decomposition

   See PR [5]#360

2.4. PR #320: Issue 98 - add options parameter to fn:deep-equal

   See PR [6]#320.

2.5. PR #387: Add compatibility notes for fn:namespace-uri-for-prefix

   See PR [7]#387.

2.6. PR #385: Actions QT4CG-025-07 / -08

   See PR [8]#385.

2.7. PR #391: addressed typographical errors; ...

   See PR [9]#391.

3. Any other business


   1. https://qt4cg.org/meeting/logistics.html
   2. https://qt4cg.org/meeting/minutes/2023/03-07.html
   3. https://qt4cg.org/meeting/minutes/2023/02-21.html#h-5ACE0622-A613-4026-9074-C7492E84CC15
   4. https://qt4cg.org/dashboard/#pr-368
   5. https://qt4cg.org/dashboard/#pr-360
   6. https://qt4cg.org/dashboard/#pr-320
   7. https://qt4cg.org/dashboard/#pr-387
   8. https://qt4cg.org/dashboard/#pr-385
   9. https://qt4cg.org/dashboard/#pr-391

                                        Be seeing you,

Norm Tovey-Walsh

Received on Monday, 13 March 2023 09:47:12 UTC