Re: August hiatus and pull requests

Joel Kalvesmaki <kalvesmaki@gmail.com> writes:
> Could we get advice from the chair or editors: during our August hiatus should pull requests also
> be partially or wholly curtailed? Put another way, are there certain GitHub activities types that
> should be avoided until the community group has reassembled?

Well, as a purely practical matter, without meetings and with some
people, I assume, actually on vacation, there won’t be any review of PRs
that are proposing technical changes. Even for purely editorial work,
the chairs try to flag up even changes so that no one is taken
completely by surprise when they’re merged.

If the group is content to give the group members still reading email
over the next month or so editorial discretion, I’m happy to help manage
merging editorial PRs during the hiatus.

Of course, if there are a lot of those, then there’s risk that some of
the technical PRs that are outstanding will have merge conflicts when we
return to them.

What do folks think?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm