Re: New Functions

On Mon, 2020-11-30 at 17:24 +0100, Christian GrĂ¼n wrote:
> My experience is that people have indeed been hesitant to use HOF
> features in the beginning.
>
> However, this has changed a lot over the years

It may also be more common in XQuery than in XSLT, because XQuery tends
to be further on the "programming language" side in terms of how people
express themselves.

On the other hand, even C had 2nd order functions, so e.g. you pass a
pointer to a comparison function to qsort(), and callbacks are normal
in GUI or event programming.

A strength of the XML stack has always been that it lets people do
advanced text processing even if they do not think of themselves as
programmers; i don't see that going away.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org