Re: New Functions

> For 4.0 I'm proposing map:index($seq as item()*, $key as function(item())
as xs:anyAtomicType) which builds a map
> whose keys are the distinct values of the grouping key computed using
$key.
> The proposed partition() function seems to be just a special case of that
where the $key function returns boolean values. (Perhaps group-by would be
a better name than index?)

> Michael Kay
> Saxoniica

+1 for "group-by"

We need to be able to use a type variable (generics) instead of item()
and xs:anyAtomicType
.

Thanks,
Dimitre

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
Never fight an inanimate object
-------------------------------------
biggest mistake of all
------------------------------------
you're doing is work or play
Typing monkeys will write all Shakespeare's works in 200yrs.Will they write
all patents, too? :)
Sanity is madness put to good use.