Re: New Functions

Am 29.11.2020 um 23:53 schrieb Dimitre Novatchev:
> Now that we have thetuple/ record type, we can have some very useful
> functions on collections (both sequences and arrays) that return more
> than one result,
> or to say it in other words, return a tuple of Nthings, whereN > 1.
>
> fn:partition-at($seq as item()*,
>
>                  $n as xs:integer)
>
>         as tuple(item()*, item()*)

I am having a hard time following the different suggestions and merging
them mentally, aren't tuples supposed to have a field name in any case
as they are just specialized maps?
https://www.saxonica.com/qt4specs/XP/xpath-40-diff.html#id-tuple-test

That tuple of N things looks just like an array of (N) things to me.

> , returns a tuple of two sequences, the first of which is
>
> subsequence($seq, 1, $n), and the second is:
>
> subsequence($seq, $n +1)

Or how would one access a the first and second field in the result of
fn:partition-at($seq, $n)?