W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xsl-wg@w3.org > November 2017

RE: Revised Errata document

From: Abel Braaksma <abel.braaksma@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 17:14:16 +0100
To: "'Michael Kay'" <mike@saxonica.com>, <w3c-xsl-wg@w3.org>, "Public XSLWG" <public-xsl-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <018e01d35975$cbb4dd30$631e9790$@xs4all.nl>
(this mail was still in my outbox, sending it again now, I don't think it
reached the group)

I have commented on bug 30179 (erratum E7).

While doing so, I realized that we may have made a mistake with bug 30173.
This bug is about adding a new error XTDE3086 for the situation use=required
of the global context item and an absent context item.

The thing is, we have an almost identical situation already:

* In a library package, the context item is always absent
* As a result, if we have <xsl:global-context-item use="required" /> we
*MUST* raise XTTE0590 (the spec makes this clear)

So, now we have two errors for one situation where use=required and
context-item is absent: XTTE0590 and XTDE3086. I think this is unfortunate
and I propose we fix that, for instance by:

* bringing both errors in line (i.e, retrofit the old error XTTE0590 to be
the same XTDE3086)
* removing the new error (i.e., instead change it into a clarification of
existing situation, which also takes it from Substantive to Editorial)

I haven't raised this as separate bug, nor have I reopened the original one
(30173) to avoid confusion. 

Cheers,
Abel



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
> Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 10:54 AM
> To: w3c-xsl-wg@w3.org
> Subject: Revised Errata document
> 
> I have committed (& pushed) a revised errata document to the new github
> repository, it can be viewed at
> 
> http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/w3c/qtspecs/blob/maste
> r/errata/xslt-30/html/xslt-30-errata.html
> 
> The corrected XSD and RNC schemas are in sibling files linked from errata
E10
> and E11 respectively.
> 
> I've marked most of the bugs as resolved, but one or two are still at
> "assigned" status where I felt WG approval for the final text was still
needed.
> Please review the whole document.
> 
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica
> 
> >
> >
> > Action 2017-10-19-001: Mike Kay needs to factor in 2a) from comment 3
> > of bug 30179 into erratum E7.
> 
> DONE.
> >
> > Action 2017-10-19-002: Carine to find out from Liam what his intended
> > schedule for the move to github is.
> 
> OVERTAKEN BY EVENTS.
> >
> 
> Michael Kay
> Saxonica
Received on Thursday, 9 November 2017 16:14:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 9 November 2017 16:14:50 UTC