xsl:expose and the unnamed mode does not seem to be problematic

From: Abel Braaksma <abel.braaksma@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:58:23 +0100
To: "'Public XSLWG'" <public-xsl-wg@w3.org>

> Note that Michael's observation that xsl:expose should not apply to the
> unnamed mode should still be considered, but in itself does not apply to
> apply-templates invocation.

The discussion on the apply-templates invocation discussion touched on a seeming omission that xsl:expose could expose the unnamed mode. Rereading the spec, the xsl:expose syntax requires a *named component*. Since the unnamed mode is not a *named component*, it can never be selected in xsl:expose.

Perhaps we could signify this with a Note. Although "exposing" the unnamed mode is now prohibited by at least two rules: we require it to be private (the visibility attribute must be absent have the value "private"), and we cannot select it by using the existing syntax for xsl:expose.