Re: Action A-659-05 Completed

> On 13 Nov 2016, at 00:03, Benito van der Zander <benito@benibela.de> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

>> A feature that prevents people from implementing a spec is a serious
>> problem.
>>
>> What can we do to change this?
>
> Less Unicode everywhere would have been helpful.

The world-wide web consortium takes the term "world-wide" at face value. No spec can get through the W3C process if the spec is not equally useful in every part of the world.

> By the way, FO 1.7.1 says:
> [Definition] A character is an instance of the Char <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-Char>XML production of [Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fifth Edition)] <https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/qtspecs/specifications/xpath-functions-31/html/Overview-diff.html#xml>.
>
> Perhaps that should be updated to XML 1.1 ?

I think there's a general statement that references to XML 1.0 can be taken as references to XML 1.1 if the implementation chooses.

Michael Kay