ACTION A-645-03

On 07/06/2016 22:20, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
> ACTION A-645-03: TM to make a list of functions for which the change
> proposed in bug 29684 (allow the empty sequence as a possible value
> for the options argument) would in his view make sense, and add those
> functions to the entry for bug 29684.

As requested, I made a list of functions in which an "optional" argument could be made to accept
the empty sequence.  This list was huge.

The typical pattern in F&O is for a call to foo:bar#N-1 to be equivalent to foo:bar#N, but passing in some
aspect of the dynamic context, e.g. context node, implicit timezome, default collation.

However, in the case of adjust-*-to-timezone, the implicit argument is actually (), denoting an adjustment
to a date/time without a timezone.

However, the original request is still sensible and in keeping with fn:serialize.

Cheers,
      Tim