Re: "If F is a partially applied function ..."

On 16-02-09 10:47 AM, Robie, Jonathan wrote:
> The implementation of F may well be an external function or any other
> kind of function.

You're (once again) asserting that the implementation of a function can be a
function, which is not supported (or not encouraged) by the data model.

> The other bullet points say what it means to evaluate each kind of
> function. What else would you like this to say?

If the implementation of a partially applied function is a FunctionBody,
then we can specify the semantics of its invocation in exactly as much
detail as we do for a user-defined function. The proposed text does not.

> Instead of "supplying the value of each fixed position as the argument of
> the corresponding parameter", I think it should say "supplying the value
> of each non-local variable binding as the argument of the corresponding
> parameter." Would that fix the problem?

No, "the corresponding parameter" doesn't mean anything in that sentence.

-Michael