Re: XQueryX for StringConstructor?

I’ve never taken very much interest in this. There doesn’t seem a consistent policy. The ‘||’ operator is treated differently from a call on fn:concat(), but direct element constructors are treated as “trivially equivalent” to computed element constructors.

AttributeConstructors do have their own representation in XQueryX, rather than being turned into concat() expressions, and that seems the closest analogy to this case.

Michael Kay
Saxonica