Re: Namespace documents

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 09:53:17AM +0000, Michael Kay wrote:
> It???s a W3C convention / requirement that we publish namespace documents for each namespace that we define.
>
> We???re in danger of getting ourselves into version & variant problems on these, and I???m not sure what the policy is.

The policy for changes in namespace URIs is here:

http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri#Policy

> The current public version of
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/ <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/>
>
> includes functions defined in XPath 3.1 and in XSLT 3.0, and it also includes the analyze-string schema (but not yet the json-to-xml schema).

It's OK to update that, independently of the XQuery WG, as long as we don't
break the Joint specs.

> http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/map <http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions/map>
>
> returns ???insufficient access privileges???.

Fixed (now all public)

> Both the above namespaces are under ???joint control??? and we need to be clear about who takes responsibility for updating them when new specs are released.

Both groups can update. A friendly warning on the joint list is appropriate
if we do so for XSLT-only matter.

> The same also applies to the collation URIs that we define; for some reason we publish ???namespace documents??? for these even though they are not namespaces.

I think it can be coordinated on the joint mailing list.

--
Carine Bournez /// W3C Europe