Re: Arrow operator and empty sequences

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 9:17 PM, Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> wrote:
> I guess you can define => in 2 different ways: either by calling RHS
> once for each item in LHS, something a bit more "object oriented",
> syntactic sugar for "$s ! f(.)", or by calling RHS exactly once,
> syntactic sugar for "f($s)".
>
> Because we chose the latter, there is no reason why treating the empty
> sequence in a special way (that'd be dangerous I think).

One more note: There has been some discussion to use the placeholder
syntax for functions:

   bla => f(?)

This way, it would have been possible to bind the LHS as argument
other than the first. As this would have introduced some dependency on
the higher-order feature, and as it has been argued that the input of
a function will usually be the first argument, this was declined back
then.