RE: data binding vocabulary for XSD

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.  I recently participated in an interoperability
pilot project where Web Feature Servers were configured to serve up
GML documents according to a "community" GML application schema.

By "community", I mean one which was defined and agreed to by a group
of participants.

One of the main barriers to interoperability was the difficulty many
participating organizations had in mapping their data to the schema,
since that data was stored in a variety of data stores and served
with a variety of technologies.

A key item suggested as part of the recommendations from that pilot
was to develop a schema mapping vocabulary which could be used to
annotate an application schema giving "hints" (strong hints) to the
service engine as to how to populate instance documents from data
locations.  The recommendation is in
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=26610
discussed under Section 6.1.

Some commentary on the issue can be found here:
http://www.galdosinc.com/archives/525

I will check out the documents you suggest to see if they give me
any ideas.

Cheers,
Peter