FW: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Axis2 Databinding]]

I've updated the ComplexTypeSequenceChoice example to correctly include a type against the element named "amount".

George

-----Original Message-----
From: amila chinthaka suriarachchi [mailto:amila@wso2.com]
Sent: 24 April 2007 10:43
To: Paul Fremantle
Cc: paul.downey@bt.com; George Cowe; standards@lists.wso2.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Axis2 Databinding]]

hi,
I would like to point out another two questions about the test suite as
well(in advanced tests).

1. In ComplexTypeSequenceChoice test we have a complex type like this
         <xs:complexType name="Mortgage">
            <xs:sequence>
               <xs:element name="amount"/>
               <xs:choice>
                  <xs:element name="repayment" type="ex:Repayment"/>
                  <xs:element name="interestonly" type="ex:InterestOnly"/>
               </xs:choice>
            </xs:sequence>
         </xs:complexType>
here the *amount* element does not have a type. is this intentional or a mistake?

2. In ShortSimplePattern test we have this
         <xs:simpleType name="ShortSimpleTypePattern">
            <xs:restriction base="xs:short">
               <xs:pattern value="\d{3}"/>
            </xs:restriction>
         </xs:simpleType>

here the base type is a short and pattern restrict to use only three digit numbers.
So we can only have numbers above 100. But this test case try to send the number 9 by
adding two zeros infront of it. Isn't correct to give an exception in this case?
Remember this data type is defined as *short* not *string*. So I feel this test case
try to hack the service with a wrong number.

thanks,
Amila.

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 15:29 +0100, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> Paul
>
> It looks like we have a few better tests under 1.2:
> Amila is the databinding expert who took over from Ajith and he is going
> to get involved in the DB workgroup.
>
> We are also having trouble generating the report from the output xml files.
>
> Paul
>
> amila chinthaka suriarachchi wrote:
> > hi,
> > I went throught the failed basic tests and found some tests are actually
> > fixed with 1.2
> >
> > AttributeTypeReference - works ok
> > IntegerElement04 - works ok
> > TimeElement -all ok
> > BooleanElement04 - works ok
> >
> > NillableOptionalElement03 -
> > Schema : <xs:element name="middleName" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"
> > nillable="true"/>
> > since middleName element definded as minOccurs="0" and nillable="true",
> > After databinded
> > middleName = null; means either it is minOccurs="0" or nillable="true".
> > So When serializing it
> > can serialize it to either satate.
>
> So we would argue the validation needs updating.
>
> > The main problem we have with the basic tests is ADB does not support
> > minOccurs and maxOccurs at the Sequence and Choice level
> > i.e.
> > 	<xs:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
> >
> >         </xs:sequence>
> >

> > Will we be able to find a way to generate the report page from the output.xml files?
> > Then it is easier to find the failing test cases.
> >
> > Amila.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.