W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xsd-databinding@w3.org > July 2006

Minutes: XML Schema Patterns for Databinding Telcon 25 July 2006

From: <paul.downey@bt.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:21:51 +0100
Message-ID: <2A7793353757DB4392DF4DFBBC95225504BFEC36@I2KM11-UKBR.domain1.systemhost.net>
To: <public-xsd-databinding@w3.org>

minutes from today's telcon now available:

and below for tracker's searching.

thanks to Ajith and George for scribing.



                                   - DRAFT -

                         Databinding WG Teleconference

25 Jul 2006


   See also: [3]IRC log


          George Cowe (Origo Services)
          Paul Downey (Chair, BT)
          Otu Ekanem (BT)
          Ajith Ranabahu (WSO2)
          Scott Wood (NACS)

          Jon Calladine, (BT)
          Yves Lafon (W3C)
          Priscilla Walmsley (W3C Invited Expert)


          gcowe, Ajith


     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Meeting Administrivia
         2. [6]Issues and Action Items
         3. [7]ISSUE-66: Enumeration based on SimpleType
         4. [8]ISSUE-65: Overlapping Patterns
         5. [9]ISSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema
         6. [10]ISSUE-5: test suite
     * [11]Summary of Action Items

Meeting Administrivia

   pauld: we have two new members, Priscilla has sent regrets, but please
   welcome Scott

   pauld .. introductions ..

   scottwood: I represent National Association of Convenience Stores

   pauld: summarises remit of group for scott

Issues and Action Items

   pauld: explains how we have been collecting lot of issues in attempt
   to capture patterns

   <pauld> [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/66

   <Ajith> guys - I've to go away for 5 mins

ISSUE-66: Enumeration based on SimpleType

   gcowe: describes enumeration based on simpleType - ISSUE 66

   <pauld> ACTION: pdowney to build other enumeration examples [recorded
   in [13]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/25-databinding-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Build other enumeration examples [on
   Paul Downey - due 2006-08-01].

   gcowe: also mentions the collection pattern which is similar

ISSUE-65: Overlapping Patterns

   gcowe: introduces issue, is overlapping an issue, but working with
   schematron works even when patterns overlap.

   pauld .. overlap doesn't seem to be a problem

   <Ajith> ok - i'm back

   pauld: proposes ISSUE 65 is closed

   <pauld> RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-65 with no action

ISSUE-12: identifying a conformant schema

   pauld: we're using Schematron and XPath to detect patterns .. so far
   so good.. we may yet come unstuck with import/include and have to do
   more work ..

   pauld .. will value Scott's fresh eyes on this work

   gcowe: been working on this, adding more XPaths, for collection,
   stringEnumeration, structures as opposed to individual

   pauld: thanks george for his work, we'll pick up on this at the F2F

ISSUE-5: test suite

   pauld: explains the test suite setup to test patterns against a number
   of toolkits
   ... worry is that test schema may be incorrect - rendering test
   results incorrect

   scott: will find out what other tools are used in NACS

   pauld: asks scott to contribute any new patterns
   ... been looking at java based tools - axis and xfire...

   ajith: will progress work with xmlunit to help automate testing

   pauld: asks ajith to post a link to describe using xmlunit in axis


   pauld: ... outlines plans for basic patterns - interop event on east
   coast US in november - with maybe another f2f in september - probably
   in europe

   pauld: f2f next week, Scott, Ajithi, etc can join us on IRC and we can
   set up ad-hoc dialing if required, probably not via Zakim.

   If there is interest, we can have a regular meeting during the F2F.


   Ajith: leaving the WG in two weeks time to take up full time

   pauld: OK, congratulations on your new adventure and thanks for your
   contribution to the WG.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: pdowney to build other enumeration examples [recorded in

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/07/25 21:12:17 $


   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xsd-databinding/2006Jul/0013.html
   3. http://www.w3.org/2006/07/25-databinding-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#item00
   6. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#item01
   7. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/databinding/6/7/25-databinding-minutes.html#ActionSummary
  12. http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/databinding/issues/66
  13. http://www.w3.org/2006/07/25-databinding-minutes.html#action01
  14. http://www.w3.org/2006/07/25-databinding-minutes.html#action01
  15. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  16. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 25 July 2006 21:21:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:42:56 UTC