Re: Comment for XML Signature Syntax and Processing Version 1.1 Working Draft 18 October 2012 (re: here() function)

On 11/2/12 3:02 PM, "Sean Mullan" <sean.mullan@oracle.com> wrote:

>Hmm, I knew this issue looked familiar. I actually reported this as an
>issue way back in 2004 and here was the explanation:
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2004JanMar/0057.html
>
>I'm still not sure what the right answer is.

This sentence in the response seems unsupportable in aa typical
implementation, I would think:

"If other functions were available and were used during signing, then
there would be interoperability problems during validation, so no other
functions are allowed in the evaluation context."

That sounds like a dubious constraint to expect to be in place using off
the shelf components. But I'll defer to the experts.

-- Scott