From: Cantor, Scott [mailto:cantor.2@osu.edu]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 8:23 PM
To: public-xmlsec@w3.org
Subject: Encryption 1.1 interop Qs

Referring to:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-core-11/test-cases/

The GCM samples have a test case for AES192 GCM, but I don't see that algorithm defined in the draft. It's logical that there would be one, but with no URI for that in the spec, it's a little fishy.

The other issue I had is that I'm not able so far to even decrypt the key used in the 2048-bit sample:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-core-11/test-cases/files/cipher
Text__RSA-2048__aes128-gcm__rsa-oaep-mgf1p.xml

The XML points to the certificate in the 2048 bit RSA key file, but using that private key against the EncryptedKey in that sample is giving me a padding error. I would chalk it up to a bug on my part, but I haven't had any interop issues in the past with RSA-OAEP in the code I'm testing.

So I thought I'd ask if anybody else has tested that sample successfully before I go digging.

-- Scott