RE: Security issue in XML Encryption 1.1, Bleichenbacher revisited.

Personally, I do not find that necessary, Frederick. Firstly, PKCS #1 v1.5 is only required for transport of 3-DES keys. For AES keys, OAEP is already recommended. Secondly, I think our Security Considerations note properly captures the considerations that should be taken into account when using PKCS #1 v1.5. Thirdly (and given the previous two points), I think we need to stop making minor updates and conclude ... :)

And ultimately, I'd like to move towards KEM due to its better security properties (than both OAEP and PKCS #1 v1.5), but I guess that's for later.

-- Magnus