RE: Last Call for "XML Encryption 1.1", "XML Encryption 1.1 CipherReference Processing using 2.0 Transforms" to end this Thursday 16 Feb

Personally I believe GCM is the better long-term choice, I view RFC 6476 as a pragmatic solution but essentially a stop-gap. I cannot tell if there is the possibility of a timing attack and this alone makes me concerned.  Additionally, if XML Sec 1.1 requires GCM I expect to see uptake of that mode.

Finally, I'd really (like all of us, I think) like to see this effort reach the goal line and if we keep doing modifications I fear that we'll just move it out even further.

-- Magnus