Re: Call for Consensus: publish three W3C Notes (respond by 11 December)

+1

Bruce A Rich
brich at-sign us dot ibm dot com

From:   <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
To:     <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc:     <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date:   12/04/2012 10:47 AM
Subject:        Call for Consensus: publish three W3C Notes (respond by 11
December)

This is a call for consensus (CfC) for the XML Security WG to agree to
publish the following as W3C Notes on 10 January 2013, assuming that date
works for the W3C Team.

1. "XML Security Algorithm Cross-Reference"

Draft (3 December 2012):
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-algorithms/Overview.html

The XML Security working group agrees not to include XML Security 2.0
algorithms in "XML Security Algorithm Cross-Reference" (at this time).

Publish updated draft as a W3C Note - this has been previously published
as a Note track working draft.

See status section and linked redline for changes since last publication.

2. "XML Security 1.1 Requirements and Design Considerations"

Draft (4 December 2012):
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

Publish updated draft as a W3C Note. Previously published as a Note track
working draft.

(updates were editorial switch to ReSpec 3, validation and other editorial
fixes)

3. "XML Security Generic Hybrid Ciphers"

Draft (4 December 2012):
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/generic-hybrid-ciphers/Overview.html

Publish as a W3C Note with status indicating that the XML Security WG does
not intend to progress this document on the Recommendation track at this
time. Additional updates to the status language may be required to reflect
this transition.

Agreeing to this decision means I will request Note publications for these
three documents after 17 December with a planned  publication date of 10
January 2013, assuming that date works for the W3C Team. As part of
publication process I will update the references (including
cross-references to other documents being published at the same time), as
well as prepare publication drafts with the appropriate cover pages.

I will send a separate CfC regarding the Best Practices document once we
have a set of proposed and agreed changes.

Please respond to this email by next Tuesday 11 December indicating
support (a +1 will do) or any concern. Silence will constitute consent,
but a positive response is preferred.

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia