From: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com [mailto:Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:24 PM
To: Martin, Cynthia E.
Cc: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com; public-xmlsec@w3.org; tlr@w3.org; xmlsec@aleksey.com
Subject: Re: XML Signature 1.1 and XML Encryption 1.1 interop testing

Cynthia

As far as I know the PAG has not reached any recommendation or conclusion yet. Once a conclusion is reached it should be made public.

That said, I think you are referring to RFC 6090 which we reference from XML Signature 1.1. This RFC says in section 7.2 "KT-I is mathematically and functionally equivalent to ECDSA".

Are you asking whether this statement requires verification through interop testing? If so, that is probably a question for the RFC authors, but if the specifications are mathematically equivalent I'm not sure why it would be necessary.

[1] ECC-ALGS, http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6090.txt