Re: Importing 1.0 while normatively referencing 1.1 ( LC-2544) ( LC-2561)

Scott wrote:

> I think it will create confusion to have an import that is unused in a
> schema (I feel essentially exactly the opposite about it).

It is used by xsd:any.

> It will break applications that are for whatever reason using XML
> Encryption 1.1 syntax but not any XML Signature 1.1 syntax. But that isn't
> really my primary argument, which is why I listed basic correctness and
> appropriate use of import first.

What do you mean by "break"?  Even if an application does not generate
signature using XML Signature 1.1, there is nothing wrong in validating
that signature against the Encryption 1.1 schema that imports the Signature
1.1 schema.

Makoto