Re: Importing 1.0 while normatively referencing 1.1 ( LC-2544) ( LC-2561)

On 9/3/11 4:03 PM, "MURATA Makoto" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>If the schema for Encryption 1.1 does not normatively reference
>the schema for Signature 1.1, validity of  this subtree against the
>schema for Signature 1.1 is not required. Validators are required
>to validate this subtree only when validity against both the schema
>for Signature  1.1 and the schema for Encryption 1.1 is checked.
>Is this really your intention?

Yes. If an application expects to support both schemas, thatıs its
responsibility to deal with.

The import mechanism is for bringing in types that an importing schema
needs to reuse in some way. It isn't appropriate to import a schema to
make a conformance statement about what types an implementation that is
using the importing schema might be required to also support. I have never
seen that done, and it certainly isn't the purpose of the import mechanism.

It is simply understood that if you want to conform to XML Encryption 1.1,
you must also conform to the normatively referenced parts of XML Signature
1.1, schemas included.

-- Scott