Re: Importing 1.0 while normatively referencing 1.1 ( LC-2544)

On 8/31/11 8:42 AM, "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com"
<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

>> 2. I also wonder about the use of 'version="0.1"' above - should it not
>>be 'version="1.0"'?
>
>[fh]  I think so, not sure why we have 0.1, looks like an error. Others?

The version attribute has no normative semantics, and there are no
accepted semantics or definitions for what it's supposed to mean. Is it
the spec version? The namespace version? The revision of the schema
associated with the namespace? Etc.

It may be that W3C has its own rules for that. OASIS at least doesn't, so
I am unfamiliar with any that might exist.

>>(Or is it sufficient just to import? I thought the namespace declaration
>>had to be there too?)
>
>[fh] I would expect to see the declaration, but can one of our XSD schema
>experts answer?

If you use a prefix, you need a declaration. Imports don't declare any
prefixes.

-- Scott