Re: Performance Data for C14N2

Meiko

I have not had a chance to go through the details, but at the high level are the following conclusions correct?

1. Performance on large documents is improved with Canonical XML 2.0, despite the fact that the thesis implementation is not optimized, and is in ruby not C. This suggests a version in C with optimizations could perform better.

2. That said, detailed comparisons with existing libxml2 are not useful due to implementation language differences and concerns with the Ruby parser implementation used.

How much concern should we have about the ruby parser used?

This is  work very helpful, since we would like to review the performance impact of the WG deliverables. I need to review it in more detail.

 I assume we can put this thesis draft on our public page of articles and you'll share an update when available?

Thanks