Re: respec save

ReSpec has some difficulty in this area.

You have to choose "Save as HTML (source)" then copy the material,
paste it manually into an empty html file and save that.

e.g.
 > Overview.html
edit by pasting text, then save.

I've never had a character set issue with this.

I use Safari on a mac,  copy paste into my emacs buffer.