XML Security RNG Schemas and WG1 review

Makoto

This is great news, and the XML Security WG welcomes this review and
all the help we can get to make the RNG Schemas as good and complete
as possible.

We plan to publish a First Public Working Draft of the XML RNG Schemas
document next week, 4 February, you can see the current draft at

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-rngschema/Overview.html

You will note that the draft currently only references the xmldsig-
core-schema.rnc, xmldsig11-schema.rnc and any-containing-xmldsig11.rnc
for XML Signature 1.1. It also only references xmldsig-properties-
schema.rnc and any-containing-xmldsig11-properties.rnc for XML
Signature Properties.

It does not directly reference allowAny.rnc, allowAny11.rnc,
allowAnyForeign.rnc allowAnyForeign11.rnc, any-containing-xmldsign.rnc
or exclusiveC14N.rnc. I'm not sure if or how these should be mentioned
in the document, so that is something to consider adding for a
revision before WG1 review. For example, we might want a new section
for Exclusive Canonicalization.

I also think it would be helpful if you could please provide schemas
for XML Encryption 1.1 and Generic Hybrid Cipher before WG1 review as
well. Then we may have a complete document.

We might also wish to discuss later what we might need to do with
regards to XML Signature 2.0.

Thank you very much, this is a great help.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG