RE: WS-Fragment: Another XPath subset

pratik.datta@oracle.com wrote on 2009-10-19:
> I have been thinking that maybe we should define multiple subsets in order
> of complexity, with one subset strictly including the previous one.
Similar
> to how WS-Fragment has three levels - QName only, XPath Level 1, full
Xpath.

There's always the tradeoff of interop complexity from having multiple
approaches, obviously, but I do think there's value in coming up with a MTI
selection profile that handles some of the common things people want to do
with Dsig but currently really can't because there are no suitable
implementations in anything but C and Java.

So perhaps it's enough to come up with "streamable XPath" as the full option
and "something much simpler" as the second option.

-- Scott