From: Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu>
To: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>; XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2009 8:36:07 PM
Subject: RE: Agenda: Distributed Meeting 2009-10-06

Regrets from me again, I'm at a conference this week. I saw one item I
wanted to comment on...

Frederick Hirsch wrote on 2009-10-02:
> 5b) XML Signature 1.1
>
> ISSUE-142
> How to schema validate with 1.0 schema plus 1.1 schema, when a
> validator requires a single schema file (Ed)

That isn't a correctly implemented validator. XSD generally binds a schema
document to a single target namespace (ignoring chameleon schemas), so by
definition any time there are multiple namespaces in a document, you'll have
multiple XSD instances.

(It's certainly true that the most broken aspect of most parsers/validators
is their mechanism for acquiring schemas, but it's a requirement of all
implementations to do so safely somehow.)

-- Scott