RE: Draft for 2.0 specs

pratik.datta@oracle.com wrote on 2009-06-18:
> As we had discussed in F2F, the whole 2.0 transform mechanism will
> plugin as a new transform. So all the 1.x transforms will still be
> supported.  But I am thinking of producing a new XML Signature 2.0
> draft, which only includes this new transform, and not include any of
> the 1.x transforms, rather the 2.0 draft will just point to relevant
> sections of 1.x. This way if we decide to update any of the transforms
> for 1.1, we don't have to change in two places.

Will this be achievable without also modifying some of the language in the original spec around the inputs and outputs of the reference/transform steps? Or are you assuming that would be done in parallel?

> I will also be writing up a draft of XML Canonicalization 2.0.  I am
> planning to use xmlspec format for both these drafts.

Would that be for SignedInfo only, or are you also factoring out the c14n portion of the new transform?

-- Scott