Re: [fwd] xml canonicalization - proposition - elimination of element name from end tag (from: amolspatil@gmail.com)

One of the original requirements was that the canonicalized form
could be retained and treated as a source document. In that case the
XML has to be well-formed.

However I tend to agree that perhaps we should remove the requirement
that the canonicalized form be retained as a user visible document.
in that case it becomes part of the internal signing process, no
longer visible and is used only for digesting.

(sent not as chair)