Re: document node attributes

[Forgive me if this sounds rather ignorant.]

Would an alternative be to standardize a convention? E.g.
that for every (RESTful) XML document on the Web at URL
        http://abc.xyz/foo/bar/123
there may be a corresponding document containing its links
at
        http://abc.xyz/foo/bar/123/links

Then the standard convention might specify a format for the links
e.g. the Atom Link Model, say.

Or is that too far short of what is needed by way of hypermedia
for XML?

----
Stephen D Green