Re: Question about the various Test Suite archives

Elisha Berns" writes:

> There seems to be some overlap between two archives for the XML Schema
> Test Suites found at difference location on the W3C web site:
>
> xsts-2002-01-16.tar.gz
> 	This file seems to include tests for both data types and
> structural 	components.

This is the correct one, from [1].

> XSTC20020116.tar.gz
> 	This file seems to include only the files for the structural
> components.

Don't know where you're getting this from, so can't comment.

> So is there a significant (or any) difference regarding these tests for
> the structural components in the two archives?  Which archive should I
> be using to conduct tests?

See above.

> And since the tests for structural components are found only under
> the Microsoft directories

There are also tests for 'structural components' from Sun in the distro.
> does this mean that they are Microsoft specific, or can they be used
> with any processor?  The gist of that last question is whether
> Microsoft has a unique interpretation, and hence implementation, of
> any XSD schema structural constructs?

No more unique than anyone else's -- many people have found these
tests useful for a range of processors.

> I need a test suite that provides tests for complex structural
> relationships within XSD files.  Structural relationships include type
> complexity for xsd definitions such as simpleType, complexType, group,
> attributeGroup, etc.  I don't know if the W3C XML TS files really
> provide adequate complexity for structural relationships, so some
> feedback here would be very appreciated.

They make a start.  We could use more tests.  Contributions welcome.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/2004/xml-schema-test-suite/xmlschema2002-01-16/xsts-2002-01-16.tar.gz
- --
                     Half-time member of W3C Team