Re: "flowchart" branch

ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson) writes:
> Two small questions:
>
>  1) "It is a static error (err:XS1008) if the content type value
>     specifies a character set and the encoding attribute is absent."
>
>     Presumably this is because with no encoding, the byte-content will
>     _already_ have been decoded using the document encoding.

Right. If you didn't encode it, the bytes are already characters in
the pipeline document.

>  2) Do we need an error for the *must* in new list item 2?

I don't think so. If it's not XML, it won't have been successfully
parsed. Maybe it shouldn't be a MUST maybe it should just read
"If no encoding is specified, the content will have been interpreted
as XML when the pipeline was loaded." Or something.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Birds are taken with pipes that imitate