Re: Parameters

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> On balance, and considering the *enormous* syntactic and semantic
> simplifications it carries with it, I think the Edinburgh proposal is
> "good enough".

+1

While there is one thing you can't do (re-define the default map of
parameters for a certain scope), I think we've got a solution that has
the right balance.  We need to address the use case where "random
parameter" the parameters are passed to an XSLT step without having it
directly plumbed by the pipeline author.  We have that and more
complex situations really require that the library author explicitly
take control of parameters to ensure they can be controlled.